[Tutorial] Adding Images to posts

Matt

You can add images your posts by either inserting a link to the image on another website or uploading an image from your computer using the "Attachments" feature.

1. Linking to an Image

To insert an image hosted on another website simply click the "Insert Image" icon on the editor toolbar

insert remote.jpg

Use this option if the image is already hosted online.

You can also use dedicated image hosting services such as Photobucket, imgur, TinyPic or Flickr. Some of these services will allow you to edit / crop / resize the images online and have little / no restriction on file size / storage space.

2. Uploading an Image

In order to upload images (or other files) to a topic reply you need to be using the "Full Editor".

Open the Full Editor by clicking the "Add Reply" or "Use Full Editor" button.

reply.jpg

Use the "Attachments" feature to upload images (or other files) from your computer. Click the click-to-attach.jpg button to select files from your computer to upload.

Once your files have uploaded they'll appear under the "Attachments" heading. To insert the image into your post place your cursor in the correct position in the editor and click the "Add to Post" link next to the attachment.

attachments.jpg

The BB Code which is inserted will be replaced with the corresponding image once posted.

bbcode.jpg

Basic Uploader vs. Advanced Uploader

We recommend you use the Advanced Uploader to allow upload of multiple files at once. (Requires support for Adobe Flash)

You can enable / disable the Advanced Uploader via the User Control Panel.

user-cp.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi there.....what is error code 10

frame.jpg

Upload Skipped (Error IO)

thanx

IO - Idiot Operator?

2. Uploading an Image

In order to upload images (or other files) to a topic reply you need to be using the "Full Editor".

Open the Full Editor by clicking the "Add Reply" or "Use Full Editor" button.

Thanks Admin :thumbup:

Think I have asked this a couple of times before but why do we have to switch to "Use Full Editor"?

Could we perhaps use the full editor as default? The full editor does not add anymore function except that you are able to upload attachments.

I like posting a lot of pretty pictures but I dont like clicking "use full editor" just to wait for another button (click to attach files) to load which I must click again to attach the pretty pictures?

What difference would it make if full editor was the default? (like it is doing with this thread for some weird reason, or did I miss something??) edit: nope just my imagination sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Some help please ... possibly VERY stupid question ....

When I try to post a picture, it always seems to give a link for download, not actually post the pic in the body of the post. e.g I have attached a sample file to this post but it just shows as a link

Screen Shot 2013-05-26 at 12.59.08 PM.PDF

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dale

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer ... files must be jpg to show in the posts.

Screen Shot 2013-05-26 at 12.18.55 PM.PDF

Another Idiot Operator ... I cannot find any of the options sad.png

If you're replying to a post, use the "More Reply Options" next to the Post Button instead of the Use Full Editor option.

post-44041-0-28608500-1369568713_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to upload pics from my phone via tapatalk HD, but get a message stating that "your forum has disabled image sharing from this app." Any suggestions on how to fix this?

• 10 months later...

I am trying to add a pic from picasa to an ad for tyres for sale. not working. What am I doing wrong?

Archived