MiWay insurance

iRob

@#$^&^%$#@!!!!

(deleted)... How is it that a friend I work with pays R10 for an admin fee and I pay R65/month? The R65 is 20% of my monthly premium as opposed to 7% on his?!?!? And his insured value is more then mine?

MiWay is (deleted) in getting back to me on this.

As far as I'm concerned you guys (deleted)!

Edited by iRob

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can really pirce gouge you if you are not careful. Commissions are regulated. No more than 15% on personal lines. Admin fees are not regulated and they can charge whatever they want. Direct insurers like Miway also have a claims repudiation ratio of 6%-8% while tradional insurers are in the 1% to 5% range.

They can really pirce gouge you if you are not careful. Commissions are regulated. No more than 15% on personal lines. Admin fees are not regulated and they can charge whatever they want. Direct insurers like Miway also have a claims repudiation ratio of 6%-8% while tradional insurers are in the 1% to 5% range.

Excuse my not understanding insurance speak... does this confirm that they (deleted)???

Edited by iRob

ok so it means they reject 6-8% of their claims. That is (deleted).

"MiWay says they believe this is unfounded."

Edited by iRob

By making sure that you follow the rules you should not be falling into that 6-8% thats does not get paid ! I am surprised at the ignorance shown here !! Do you really think that every claim gets paid out ? Even that claim you have put in after you have sold your MTB to your buddy for booze money ?

I responded twice to their advertisment. Until today I am still waiting for somebody to call me back. Mi Way you can take your business and shove it up your bum. :P

I responded twice to their advertisment. Until today I am still waiting for somebody to call me back. Mi Way you can take your business and shove it up your bum. :P

They (deleted). And I'm insured with them.

Edited by iRob

I've had nothing but good service from them. I even got a cycling shirt out of them. Premiums are good and I have 2 cars, house, 2 bikes and camera equipment on my policy.

It is shocking. Now they say they are going to make his R65/month as well. (deleted)

Edited by iRob

We are with Santam, always got good service, claimed a few times before...so yea...these easy fast insurance is not always the best :P

We are with Santam, always got good service, claimed a few times before...so yea...these easy fast insurance is not always the best :P

Yip must agree, Santam is one of the trusty ones- claimed for some new appliances after one of the geysers at the business premises burst on last week Monday and today the new appliances were delivered, no questions asked. :thumbup:

Edited by Reg Lizard

Do they cover races?

My household stuff is through Zurich, but they do not cover races and I ws with them until I realised Sabie is too big a risk to not have race insurance.