Events

[Event] MTN #1 Attakwas Extreme MTB Marathon - 121km

nathrix ® ©™'s Photo nathrix ® ©™ 19 Jan 2011

Dangle, hats off for your ride considering your mecahnicals and gearing issues. I thought that we should maybe also mention Steel Niner who again defied the odds of what is humanly possible by doing the race in 6:09 on his SS Rigid Ragley 29er :thumbup:

That Grant Usher is not human! Silver on a SSR 29er!!! I think his from the same planet as Kal-El called Krypton. Dangle also refuses to admit they are all lost cousins or something...I believe next year there will be more SSR's and the sparks are really gonna fly.
Edited by nathrix™ ®, 19 January 2011 - 08:54 .

Tim_Fair's Photo Tim_Fair 19 Jan 2011

Hey guys,I put up some routes and route profiles for the Barberton race.

badiejb's Photo badiejb 19 Jan 2011

Yep,what went on with Lieuwe Boonstra,I did a better time than him as well and I suck at mtb'ing(must say I was bloody chuffed)Did he have bike trouble,or are shorter distances his thing??I know he did the Epic a few times,so distance should not be a problem for him?Anybody have report on him?

He had a technical and took very long to repair

George Nel's Photo George Nel 19 Jan 2011

He had a technical and took very long to repair

Thought it was to good to be true! :(

udxcob's Photo udxcob 20 Jan 2011

When did they say the Attakwas would be on TV?

nathrix ® ©™'s Photo nathrix ® ©™ 20 Jan 2011

Will be on SABC this Sunday on PadalTalk :clap:

Beast's Photo Beast 20 Jan 2011

Any idea what time PadalTalk is on.

Skuimkop's Photo Skuimkop 20 Jan 2011

MMM so the box is riding a storck.. not too common a bike.. he might find himself doing an endo out of the blue! Anyone that finished that race would find a oke that hitched a ride in a bakkie an absolute frikken @5#4 oes

where oh where can I find race photies? cant find any on oakpics

African Warrior's Photo African Warrior 20 Jan 2011

The story of the chap in the bakkie is shocking. I did 2010 Attakwas and entered too late to order a T-shirt. My mate who had entered in time and got his T-shirt, failed to finish and gave me his t-shirt after the event saying he would never wear it until he had done it. Respect to this race and those who finish it. I wonder if the bakkie boy wears his t-shirt too?

Velouria's Photo Velouria 21 Jan 2011

My rather late (and uninspired) race report

nathrix ® ©™'s Photo nathrix ® ©™ 21 Jan 2011

My rather late (and uninspired) race report

Great report Velouria! You have to be back in 2012 to get that silver and sorry for the wrong information on the cut off time for the silver :(

Dont't you think that Dryland should only give the shirts to finishers at the finishing line and not at registration?

Velouria's Photo Velouria 21 Jan 2011

Great report Velouria! You have to be back in 2012 to get that silver and sorry for the wrong information on the cut off time for the silver :(

Dont't you think that Dryland should only give the shirts to finishers at the finishing line and not at registration?

There is a 24hr at OakValley that I would like to do next year, so maybe I'll do a social Attakwas (if there is such a thing). That being said, that damn silver is mighty tempting!

Maybe something like the Epic - everyone gets an event T-shirt, but only finishers get a special finisher's shirt. And I'd like to see some of the water point hospitality at the finish too. I missed out on the Spur burgers, which would have gone down quite nicely after the ride.

Wyatt Earp's Photo Wyatt Earp 21 Jan 2011

I missed out on the Spur burgers, which would have gone down quite nicely after the ride.

Agreed :(

Tim_Fair's Photo Tim_Fair 25 Jan 2011

MTN NATIONAL XCM ATTAKWAS #1 will be aired on SABC Pedal Talk this Sunday at 14h30.

Tim_Fair's Photo Tim_Fair 26 Jan 2011

Watch the MTN National XCM Attakwas #1 on SuperSport 2, Monday 7 Feb 20h30 - 21h00.

marshace's Photo marshace 26 Jan 2011

At 2010 Pioneer, Kevin Evans and co refered to stage one, which is almost the full Atta, as the toughest stage they have ever done. After day one someone chirped that the Epic is now a traning ride for the Pioneer, just to give you an idea.

But if you have trained its doable and a great challenge.....
Enjoy