Terry Fox

Wyatt Earp

• 9 months later...

whats amazing is his stride, look at that second skip at the end of his stride on his "normal" leg ...

there are so many people in this world - past and present - who are absolutely amazing and we know nothing about them. I am embarrassed to have never heard of this chap, bt will know more by the end of the week as I will have that documentary you are talking about (into the wind).

makes you wonder what you would do in the same situation

interesting that he became a national hero for his effort, but then Canada is rather large .... something along the lines of team hoyt

interesting that he became a national hero for his effort, but then Canada is rather large .... something along the lines of team hoyt

You must really watch the movie, he was first laughed at and towards the end of his run he had the entire country behind him.

Quite a story.

Just read all about him. I remember being a 9 year old living in Canada and driving east for 2 weeks from Vancouver with my folks and we came to the recently named Mount Terry Fox in the Rockies and learning of his story that was still fresh in the memory as it was 1982 when I was there. It was both inspiring and tragic at the same time.

We can all learn from this.

You think you got it bad, then check what set out to do and what he went through.

You think you got it bad, then check what set out to do and what he went through.

Absolutely man...

Thought I would post this picture here as well. Just for a little extra inspiration.

post-18777-0-11824400-1317733839.jpg

He was also so young and then not to mention the problems he had where his amputated leg made contact with his prosthetic..

http://www.myhero.com/images/guest/g182246/g182246_u47244_portrait.jpg

again what is amazing is his action, that double skip, his right arm pump. it looks like he uses his arm pumpto help with the pain of the heal strike. That prosthetic must have given him blisters to hell and back ... much inspiration ... Dangle, you seen the christmas thread ?