Shoutout to the new Magura SA agents

mongoose_dude

If you don't feel like reading a long story, suffice it to say that the new Magura agents (based in Jo'burg) are fantastic.

(No, I was not paid to make this post, I am simply blown away by what has been the best service I have received in the MTB industry.)

The long version:

I have had a lot of hassles with my Magura Durin Race 100 fork. Some of you may remember my previous posts, e.g.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/72222-stiction-on-magura-durin-race-100mm/page__p__1238368__hl__durin%2C+%7C+stiction__fromsearch__1#entry1238368

In short: the fork never used to work properly on small bumps. I had the seals replaced 3 times, full services, oil changes etc. Always after a service things would be lovely, and soon the performance would deteriorate again. Recently I got to a point where I wanted to buy a different fork. At that stage I got a PM on the Hub from the new Magura agents (Corrie is the man's name). He said that he had seen my post, and aksed if I had sorted the issues out. I said no, so he asked me to send the fork to them, which I did.

Note: he found my post, and contacted me. Not the other way around!

He promptly did a full service, replaced the seals, checked damper / lockout / rebound units. Best of all, since he didn't have spare bushings (or didn't have the right tools at hand, can't remember what the reason was), HE REPLACED THE ENTIRE LOWERS OF THE FORK.

The fork is (was) about 6 months old, and this was all done under warranty. I only paid courier costs, and now have what is basically a brand new fork.

This is exactly the type of customer service that agents of MTB products in SA should be providing. I am VERY impressed, and clearly Corrie knows his trade - he did a fantastic job. Congrats to the new Magura SA agents. Fantastic service. It would be nice if the agents of other products would adopt a similar approach to their customers.

For those who don't know, the contact details of the new Magura agents are:

Cutting Edge Marketing cc

082 563 3698

corrie@iconnection.co.za

Great to hear, let's hope it starts a trend. And with that information I will definitely have Magura top of my list when shopping for a fork.

This is great news ! If this was the norm in SA, I'm pretty sure we would spend more cash here and less at CRC :)

Durin SL looks like a sweet fork as well, light but very stiff

This is great news ! If this was the norm in SA, I'm pretty sure we would spend more cash here and less at CRC :)

Absolutely! I think many SA agents say one should not buy off CRC, because then you don't have a convenient warranty. I feel that's BullSh*t, because many of the local agents have shocking service anyway. As you say - many of us buy from international sites, and I think that's a major reason for it.

If all agents behaved like this, they would get much better support from their customers :)

Absolutely! I think many SA agents say one should not buy off CRC, because then you don't have a convenient warranty. I feel that's BullSh*t, because many of the local agents have shocking service anyway. As you say - many of us buy from international sites, and I think that's a major reason for it.

If all agents behaved like this, they would get much better support from their customers :)

Precisely, the backup serves as incentive/reason to buy local and pay more, but they dont practice what they preach so we take our $ elsewhere, easy !

Ie. I got a garmin from crc at 2,6k local was 4,6k at sportsmans warehouse in SA. Now for the difference I can buy a new unit without cadence/HR from CRC and it would probly take the same time to get here than it would take to get a unit fixed in SA, that is if they decide to fix it. Locally companies seem to like offering a warranty but not honouring it.

So BIG UP to Magura SA for doing it right ! :clap: