Calf muscle injury.

I have been having endless problems with my right calf muscle since 2008.

I have done everything the Dr's and physio's have told me to do but yet i still can't run.

I ran my 5th Two Oceans in 2008 and in training i had a slight niggle in my calf but it was never serious.I iced it and had some physio with some cross friction.

At about 33km in 2 oceans i got a cramp and tried running through it but ended up tearing the muscle but managed to finish.

I then went to a sports Dr in PE who had a look at it and i had 3 weeks physio and RICE.

I then went swimming after the 3 weeks and it tore again in the pool while i was swimming.Another 3 weeks off and rest and ice.

I then tried cycling and it hurt like hell.I dropped my seat 3mm and it was fine.

The problem is that every time i try running after 15-20 minutes i start getting a severe pain and feels like it is pulling again.Even after 3 weeks of running 15 min i can't go longer.

I had very expensive orthotics made for my running shoes and that never helped.None of the Dr's can tell me what is wrong but all suggest a op.

Has anyone had anything similar or know some that got it sorted out.I want to run but i can't.

ps i also can't do calf raises in gym but walking stairs is fine.

This sounds like a problem I have with my bicep. Google Calf Muscle Rupture, if you haven't done so yet. If the problem happened a along time ago the pain might be caused by scar tissue on the ligament, which might need surgery to scrape off, or reattach the tendon, but it gets more complicated the longer you wait.