So she was born

Tuxstir

Nice bike man... I am thinking of assembling my dad's old track bike for a fixie..... just dunno where I am gonna ride it though :blink:

build it restore it then worry about where you going to ride it..

:rolleyes:

I built this and just ride it round the suburbs and to the shop, an absolute hoot to ride but I stay away from fast downhills. That thing will unscrew your hips :rolleyes:

post-271-0-23670800-1313686489.jpg

according to Sheldons Brown website

its a pre 1967 chain ring and crank set...

just a wee few years older than me [/size]

I bought Chain ring and cranks set it new from Basil ( Deale and Huth ) in about '68 or '69

The 28 spoke hub was for a set of road wheels , bought in much the same years,

For the track bike use the 32 spoke. The 40spoke rear and 32 front was a standard combo for the track.

Make sure that you have the lock nut for the rear hub, otherwise the cog will screw off when you try to back pedal to stop - then there is no stopping.

Edited by The Guy in Pink

I bought Chain ring and cranks set it new from Basil ( Deale and Huth ) in about '68 or '69

The 28 spoke hub was for a set of road wheels , bought in much the same years,

For the track bike use the 32 spoke. The 40spoke rear and 32 front was a standard combo for the track.

Ok now you tell me dad.... oh well i just Got my 28 spoke rim from CRC so i'll build that for now. later on i'll get the 32 and 36 built.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a ss and a fixie looking for people wanting to ride them. There are just to many toys in my toybox. so the kidz are looking for new homes.

todays first ride on the fixie.

post-12682-0-47008100-1314623366.jpg

was awesome. and fun.. just got to relearn how to ride a bike lol.

very very very close to greenstone...

where do you live TNT1?

I'm in Atlasville, but we used to stay on Van Riebeck in edenvale when all those complexes around Greenstone were going up. Think that's why it looks familiar.

I'm in Atlasville, but we used to stay on Van Riebeck in edenvale when all those complexes around Greenstone were going up. Think that's why it looks familiar.

aah ok so it wasnt you i almost rode into on thursday morning as i was leaving for my commute through to work.

• 2 weeks later...