A Big THANK YOU to Maryke Verster!!

Saudiq

Hi All,

I would just like to thank Maryke for the wonderful program that she's drawn up for me! I've been following her program for the last 14 weeks and the transformation in my cycling has exceeded my expectation by miles!!!! :clap:

I did the 99er this past weekend, placed 5th in my group and did around 3h35 and when I was done I had massive amounts of energy left. I'm convinced that if I was in a faster group I would've been able to do around 3h20 if not better. I know for some this might not seem like that great a time, but considering my best time in the Argus in the last 6 years was 4h11 this is a MASSIVE improvement!! I did a group ride on Sunday after the 99er, with my old Tjommies club and these guys couldn't believe i was so strong because I was always the weak rider in the club, esp. after doing the 99er the day before!

I also did Die Burger and when i got my tyre burst I was on a 32km/h average and that was after only 5 weeks on the program, prior to that the fastest average I could manage was 28 km/h!

I'm so excited about my cycling right now and look forward to continually getting stronger and hopefully being strong enough one day to ride with the A group riders/ Durbanville Roadies!! :drool:

So for anyone looking to improve their cycling, especially the 'average' cyclist like me, please give Maryke a shout for assistance. My dad has been working with her program for the last week and already noticed the improvement when he did the 99er.

Thanks again Maryke, if I could give you a hug and kiss to thank you personally, I would!! :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've been doing her programs for 24 weeks now.I've been cycling for 7 months.This past weekend I missed the podium with a few seconds and in the process I 've beaten Yolandi de Villiers!super stoked.

Maryke is the best!

I've been doing her programs for 24 weeks now.I've been cycling for 7 months.This past weekend I missed the podium with a few seconds and in the process I 've beaten Yolandi de Villiers!super stoked.

Maryke is the best!

After only 7 months of training? Congrats!!! That's really awesome!

I've been meaning to post about this on thehub for some time now....

I'm part of a Vet's / Cat 2 team and we approached Maryke a few months ago for her to design training programs for our riders, although they’ve only been using the program for a short while the results have been impressive to say the least, we’ve had some of our riders enter Cat 1 races and they’ve managed to get some fantastic results, we’re off to Zimbabwe for a tour this weekend and I’m pretty sure the training will pay dividends there.

Maryke has done her B.A. Honours in sports science and some of the programs she offers includes gym workouts, interval training, periodised systems (this is where she monitors an athlete for a season and assists them in peaking at the right times and for specific events)

Regardless of your fitness / physical abilities, if you’re wanting to improve your cycling wihtout breaking the bank this is money well spent, trust me.

If anyone needs any more info, her email address is maryke.verster87@gmail.com

Edited by jatho