Tour of South Africa Shocking

W1Z@RD

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it was the organisers not being able to stop the taxi's from driving through... wasnt aimed at Tour - just one of those things from bad planning

Which illustrates the intent of the Taxis???

Give the organisers some credit we live in south africa

Wasn't a key objective of this tour to help put SA on the world cycling map? Also, I'm sure there are some barely healed wounds from SA's in PE, and now this palava.

Fair enough, we should wait to hear from the tour organisers what forced them to stop the stage... now three times.

In the mean time, Phil's question still needs to be answered: "How could the organisers not have managed to keep the roads open through Sandton - after all, they do it perfectly every year with the 94.7?"

Wasn't a key objective of this tour to help put SA on the world cycling map? Also, I'm sure there are some barely healed wounds from SA's in PE, and now this palava.

Fair enough, we should wait to hear from the tour organisers what forced them to stop the stage... now three times.

In the mean time, Phil's question still needs to be answered: "How could the organisers not have managed to keep the roads open through Sandton - after all, they do it perfectly every year with the 94.7?"

Well, we're probably on the map now - just not in a good way.

wasn't intentional from the taxi's point of view, first question would have to be just how much preparation was made along the route, were the people along the route including the taxi associations informed and/or included?

12:25, just just stopped again, 3rd time - this is the organisers fault entirely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they should just calll it a neutral day and cancel this. If i was one of those riders I would refuse to contnue now, very very disappointing

wasn't intentional from the taxi's point of view, first question would have to be just how much preparation was made along the route, were the people along the route including the taxi associations informed and/or included?

12:25, just just stopped again, 3rd time - this is the organisers fault entirely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ordinary road users who were also not aware could obey the orgs, why should the taxi drivers be different. Its rolling road closure so they should be delayed by less than a robot not working.