Tour of South Africa Shocking

W1Z@RD

Don't feel sorry for Barry Mocke! This is a joke. Barry gets allot of money to do a job, and should be dismissed if he is not up to the task.

what's his package?ballpark R50k ctc would be my guess

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're saying the same thing. I differ on the opinion of drivers though, they do deserve a large portion of blame on their behavior, which was beyond rude.

Spitting at people? Driving over a sidewalk? Driving directly at a marshall? That transcends rude in any context of an event.

Today will be interesting, with a 33kmh wind! Mother nature can be cruel!

This has become the norm in our country.

These things are to be expected as the nation or part thereof have all decided to adapt a third world mentality.

In the light of this and having the knowledge that savagery will be rife, their should have been contingency plans in place.

I heard via a birdy that they only started the serious planning within the last three weeks before the tour.

Also ask brother Till how his coffee was at Monte whilst this fiasco was going down.

what's his package?ballpark R50k ctc would be my guess

You are close, but I believe he is incentivised and gets more money if CSA makes more. That is why CSA is driving the commercial side so much and chasing sponsors, taking ownership of events, taxing riders on their prize money, increasing the levies and license fees, enforcing day licenses (absolutely no reason for this) and increasing event calendar fees. The problem is that Barry is so profit driven (so that he can earn more), that he forgets about the basics. I don't think he cares the least bit about the sport and is only in it for the money.

We're saying the same thing. I differ on the opinion of drivers though, they do deserve a large portion of blame on their behavior, which was beyond rude.

Spitting at people? Driving over a sidewalk? Driving directly at a marshall? That transcends rude in any context of an event.

Today will be interesting, with a 33kmh wind! Mother nature can be cruel!

Ja you're right. JHB drivers need a lecture!