Classifieds Revamp: Test Site is Up!

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

I've set up a public test version of the new Classifieds Section.

We've done a fair bit of testing and tweaking, but there are bound to be bugs and some 'funnies' here and there. Before we release this to the live site we're asking for any willing Hubbers to have a browse around using the new features and give us any feedback.

We've created an initial set of categories which cover most items. Let me know if you have suggestions for better grouping / naming or additional categories.

All bug reports / requests / comments must please be posted as new topics in this forum so that we can track them. Please use the following prefixes when adding an item:

• Bug: "[bUG] Error when searching"
  • Request / Suggestion: "[REQ] Make the buttons bigger"
  • General comments: no prefix needed

Test site address: http://dev.thehubsa....rum/classifieds

I'll purposefully left out details on features / how to etc. to do a bit of a usability test. I'll post more details on all the features tomorrow once testing is underway.

If you've go a moment please go and check it out, play around, and let us know what you think! Items added on the test site won't appear on the normal, live site so don't hold back wink.gif

Many thanks,

Matt

Admin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[bug] Error when 'replying'...

When I 'reply' to a comment popped up under one of the Items that are For Sale - nothing happens.

Looking good! :thumbup:

Hi Hubbers,

We've done a fair bit of testing and tweaking, but there are bound to be bugs and some 'funnies' here and there. Before we release this to the live site we're asking for any willing Hubbers to have a browse around using the new features and give us any feedback.

We've created an initial set of categories which cover most items. Let me know if you have suggestions for better grouping / naming or additional categories.

All bug reports / requests / comments must please be posted as new topics in this forum so that we can track them. Please use the following prefixes when adding an item:

I'll purposefully left out details on features / how to etc. to do a bit of a usability test. I'll post more details on all the features tomorrow once testing is underway.

If you've go a moment please go and check it out, play around, and let us know what you think! Items added on the test site won't appear on the normal, live site so don't hold back wink.gif

Many thanks,

Matt

Admin

AWESOME job!! :clap: :clap:

Hi Hubbers,

Many thanks,

Matt

Admin

Matt and the hub team - AWESOME job! Loving the direction you have taken. I am a web designer and have been waiting for this to happen to one of my favourite sites... It just got better! Let me know if I can help at all

What about a buyer rating system??? (only for buys /sells - not for general crap postings like mine?? :D )

Or did I miss it in there?

What about a buyer rating system??? (only for buys /sells - not for general crap postings like mine?? :D )

Or did I miss it in there?

click an individual ad, you'll see the posters name on the right, with a blue or green or red blob under it. click the blob...

Neat. I sold my used chamois, and closed the sale. once it expires, does it get hidden from view, or deleted completely?

Neat. I sold my used chamois, and closed the sale. once it expires, does it get hidden from view, or deleted completely?

When an ad is closed (i.e. sold / no longer for sale) it's hidden from view when browsing / searching. If someone visits the ad page directly e.g. via a link in an email, they'll see a note that the advert has been closed (so it doesn't just 'disappear').

(Currently 'closed' ads are appearing on the Classifieds Home page - it's a bug)

All ads automatically expire 30 days after posting (we might adjust this). Once expired you can choose to re-list the item without having to create a new advert. This will BUMP your ad up (only expired ads can be re-listed so you can't keep re-listing an open ad).

If expired ads are not re-listed they will be deleted after a specific time period.

brilliant guys. seriously good job.

one issue tho i never saw any powerbalance bands for sale?

brilliant guys. seriously good job.

one issue tho i never saw any powerbalance bands for sale?