Stolen: Soma Valhallen 2018
- Date Occurred 05 Sep 2020
- Location Cape Town, Western Cape
- Incident type Bike jacking / mugging
- Case number CAS 57/9/2020
- Police Station Durbanville
Got bike jacked this morning on countermand road just before postmansdam rod around 7:30.
Approaching a pedestrian, I felt uncomfortable with his body language and decided to go to the other side of the road, once he saw me crossing the road he decided to charge me with a knife. He was aiming for my head.
I rode the bike into the servitude and in the process jumped off the rear of the bike and him he can have it, just not to hurt me. I threw the bike into him and ran the opposite direction. Luckily I was not harmed. literally 1 minute later I flagged down a car (Thanks Mr Deon Venter) who offered to help....and not even 1 minute after that a group of about 10 mountain bikers came from hoogekraals side, and another lone cyclist that was probably 2 minutes behind me. They did not see the person on my bike so Deon then said he obviously went down postman's to Dunoons. So we drove around to the N7...and low and behold...there he was cruising next to the n7 on my bike. we could not get to him because of his location on the road, he then disappeared off the highway into Dunoon.
iPhone 7 (my bike computer) stolen too.
reported at durbanville police station.
- Category Mountain Bike - Hard Tail
- Make Soma
- Model Valhallen
- Year 2018
- Colour Silver
More about the bike
2018 Soma Valhallen Size XL- Tange prestige Steel frame ( silver)
Pretty sure this is the only one in the country so please be on the look out.
- Carver Trail490 carbon Boost fork
- 29" Sun Ringle rims (decals removed) on Hope Pro4 Boost hubs front and back (silver)
- Shimano Saint groupset (1x10)
- Shimano Deore m6000 brakset, 180mm/160mm icetech rotors
- Hope headset, seat clamp, chainring (black)
- Schwalbe tyres (Hans Dampf front, rock razor rear), KCNC valve caps.
- Oveja Negra Frame bag and top tube bag.
- Lyne bottle holders - had one black water bottle in the bike. Wolftooth B-Rad under the bottle holder on the seat tube.
- Raceface turbine stem, seatpost. Dartmoor riser bars.
- Rider concept light on the front with a Knog on the rear
- SQ labs grips, Quadlock phone mount on the stem (phone was still on there)
- Look race Spd pedals
- cdixx mudguard