King Price. Anyone using them? Any good?

NeoOne

I am currently in the market for bicycle insurance and have my car insured with Outsurance. I have been quoted R300 cheaper for car and bicycle with King Price, but have seen only one positive thread on theHub about them and 100's of dissatisfied customers on HelloPeter. Please give insights if you've dealt with them or know someone personally who has had issues. No conjecture or postulation, juss facckss!PLEASE

100's of dissatisfied customers on HelloPeter can't be wrong?

Are you just trying to convince your intuition that its wrong, when you know deep inside it must be right.

What are all the complaints about?

Generally you get what you pay for so if you work within the parameters of your policy you'll be fine.

But more often than not insurers radically oversell themselves to get market share and consequently get lots of uninformed and now unhappy customers who's over-flated expections came crashing down when they needed to claim.

Then again do you want to get insurance from a snarky insurer that doesn't put everything in plain sight?

Edited by Skylark

All complaints are about your typical;

• slow response, poor service
  • slow to pay out
  • refusal to payout
  • half truths when selling the product

According to the salesman, its clients that don't disclose all the facts when signing on. I am just trying to give them a fair shake and get some feedback from satisfied customers on here and not just faceless, nameless complainants that could potentially be their competitors (Outsurance, Budget etc) who are complaining on Hellopeter . Who knows?

I've done all the budget insurance companies for various things; car, household, business… I finally ditched the whole lot and went with a broker. Best thing I ever did. It's not that much more, really, and the personal service makes it all worth it. When something goes wrong you're generally dealing with a guy that's on your side trying to sort out the claim for you rather than a company that's trying to pick holes in it.

Edited by Rata Del Spruit

With King Price, had a claim last year for some stolen jewelry. They asked for proof of ownership, got it, and paid out. R60K more or less.

My premiums did not go up after this, neither did my co-payments. My bike and camera and wife's hearing aid is insured for R1 each. Can't beat that.

My experience with HelloPeter is simple, its a bunch of housewive's that dont have anything to do, so they complain!!

All I can say about King Price is that their advertising is %$*!^&* annoying and dumb..

Also read that their cycling insurance is quite jacked up, maybe worth a try for you!

Firstly sorry for slow reply, been a busy day. According to the call agent, they underwrite their own policies and are an insurance company in their own right and are not owned by outside parties whatsoever. I'm sure we can do a search on Brabys and CIPRO, but I suspect he may be on the up and up! I'm just intrigued by the DECREASING instalments. Still on the cusp. Will make an informed decision 1st thing tomorrow after my ride :D

Firstly sorry for slow reply, been a busy day. According to the call agent, they underwrite their own policies and are an insurance company in their own right and are not owned by outside parties whatsoever. I'm sure we can do a search on Brabys and CIPRO, but I suspect he may be on the up and up! I'm just intrigued by the DECREASING instalments. Still on the cusp. Will make an informed decision 1st thing tomorrow after my ride :D

I think the decreasing installments is based on the depreciating value of some of your items. For example, that R50k 26" you bought three years ago that is now only worth R9k on the Hub classifieds. Somewhere an actuary managed to punch out a bunch of numbers to create the business model so I'll accept that it must work on some level.

With King Price, had a claim last year for some stolen jewelry. They asked for proof of ownership, got it, and paid out. R60K more or less.

My premiums did not go up after this, neither did my co-payments. My bike and camera and wife's hearing aid is insured for R1 each. Can't beat that.

Ok just got a letter from the that my premium is increasing, as I've been with them a year and they are upping my home contents. 6% increase in premium.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: SO at the end of April I eventually migrated my car and bike to King Price. When the 1st deduction goes off its +R300 more that its supposed to be. I email my "broker" (should read joker) and he reads my emails but does not reply to my request for an explanantion. Even just an explanation that the added cost is an ADMIN fee and I would have been happy. After a week I CC their "clientcare" department on my original email and still nothing. SO I call on day 9 and cancel the policy forthwith. I am now back at Outsurance and even though King Price offered to reduce my rates even further, I went with the guys who have mastered the art of answering calls and emails. Customer Service 101.

Yes, replacement value has increased by 4%, premium by 6%. That's for home contents. Motor insurance stays the same.

That's not true for OUTsurance and Miway! they increase my car premiums every year even though the insured value has gone down, they say it's because panel beater/repair costs etc have increased so premiums must also increase.

Insurers are a sly bunch