The Hub 2014 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Slowbee

Yep, that time of year again! Super excited about this one.

This is what happened last year:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/133254-teddy-bear-christmas-ride-2013-cape-hubbers/

The purpose of this is for hubbers to get together with the family and enjoy a morning out. This year the ride is on a flat route along the coast. It is meant to be for everyone, including the little people (kids) and anyone of any fitness, just to get out on a bicycle (of sorts) and enjoy the morning.

We are changing venue this year just to explore things a little with the family. Meet at the car park entrance of the Dolphin Beach Hotel and ride up to Big Bay for a cup of tea and a biscuit, or coffee and cake. The distance is about 5km so not any longer than the old Seapoint route. According to my sources (thanks Hairy and Wanabee) the route is safe and suitable for a leisurely ride.

Saturday the 13th at 09H00 is the date, so lets spread the word. Remember this is meant to be a social fun outing so the whole family can come along. Anyone not wanting to pedal can just meet us in Big Bay if you want.

As for the charity, it is supported by hubber NixM and her business she works for. It is a real worthy cause of kids who have been orphaned either by being abandoned or parents/caregivers passing away due to HIV. They are aged between 4 and 8 so a real mix of ages. They are also wanting to start a play area based on the Montessori type system. In February they are launching a new home, so any overflow will go to that home as well.

The Charity: St Francis Outreach Trust ( www.stfrancistrust.org )
Meeting Place: Dolphin Beach Hotel (Table View) thanks Tubehunter
Time: 09H00
Heading to Big Bay, nice and easy so anyone of any fitness, in any shape, on any pedalled machine can join.

Would be great to meet as many of you as possible.

EDIT: In terms of toys and things, fluffy things would be great, as well as educational stimulating things, plastic pouring things, tea sets, colouring in  books, pencils, crayons, puzzles etc. And of course, tie everything to your bike!

EDIT: Things to bring along if you can

• Kitchen toys
  • Plays cards
  • Word learning cards
  • opposite words cards
  • Puzzles (4-9 yrs)
  • Animal plastic toys
  • Alphabet puzzle 
  • Play dough
  • Plasticine
  • Alphabet letters to display on the wall.
  • Plastic beach toys
  • Children's Table mats
  • Magic ink drawing board
  • Balls
  • Bat and ball
  • Pick up stix
  • Small Kaleidoscope
  • Small watering can
  • Craft things/ velt/ drawing and painting materials

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to park there to go kite surf but that was many years ago, before I had a job and had time to kite  :mellow:

The not so great architectural marvel of the Dolphin Beach Hotel ......... Blowfish on the one pic is a decent to half decent restaurant operating from there.

post-5403-0-41089400-1415284007_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics of the kids who live at the foster home:

post-19421-0-92578800-1415298808_thumb.jpegpost-19421-0-31027000-1415298822_thumb.jpeg

Would be fantastic to meet some of you hubbers in person while supporting these kids at the same time.

Correct: 13 December

(your avatar scares me a little bit )

I take it this will be on the 13th of December?

Archived