Scammer: Peets

Apeman2

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No investigation needed, he helped out the team for 3 months last year. 

That Cervelo frame was posted almost a year ago. Why does everyone assume this IS the fake sold to the OP? Has this been established and I missed it?

Agree with you, if you read OP's post, 

"He sold a complete bike on the Hub and my friend asked me to go look at the bike as it's in my area. It was a very nice bike and my friend bought it. Peter seemed like a very nice guy and told me he is a rep that supplies bicycle parts to shops. He told me he can get me a frame as a favor from a friend or some crap. I told him that I don't want a replica or fake frame and he told me it's the real thing. He told me it will come with a certificate and serial number."

His friend bought a complete bike, while as part of the process to inspect the bike he indicated that as a favour he can get the OP a frame. So doubt the frame would be on the hub, except if it was on it before and did not sell 

my guess

lotsa behind the scene talks between admin, peets and the op.

this baby will get locked down, and we'll never know what's what

At least we will all learn a valuable lesson.

Always buy from the most expensive person/shop, if it's too cheap, demand to pay more than retail, and demand a certificate. 

Guys

My name is been brought into this conversation. I have been a member of the Hub for a number of years already. Please check. I use my name OWEN. I have nothing to do with Peter or the poor guy who bought stuff. 

I have zero contact with Peter Lambert. He was involved with track cycling in the Western Cape. Therefore we used him to help out the team for about 3 months last year. 

I wish the frame in question would be published, so we can all move on.

Please again........... leave me out this 

whilst you're here...we never worked out how one of your riders got a suspension that no one heard of and when it came onto a hub thread it MAGICALLY disappeared off the drugfreesport website....

Agree with you, if you read OP's post, 

"He sold a complete bike on the Hub and my friend asked me to go look at the bike as it's in my area. It was a very nice bike and my friend bought it. Peter seemed like a very nice guy and told me he is a rep that supplies bicycle parts to shops. He told me he can get me a frame as a favor from a friend or some crap. I told him that I don't want a replica or fake frame and he told me it's the real thing. He told me it will come with a certificate and serial number."

His friend bought a complete bike, while as part of the process to inspect the bike he indicated that as a favour he can get the OP a frame. So doubt the frame would be on the hub, except if it was on it before and did not sell 

So is the crux of this thread being that the OP was offered the real thing with correct serial numbers and a certificate... and as found out by the hub police that it is probably a frame from ASG..... then the OP came running to the hub accusing PL of being a liar and a scammer..... and in all likelihood as the OP said no thanks, he did not see the frame in question!!

Am I missing something?

whilst you're here...we never worked out how one of your riders got a suspension that no one heard of and when it came onto a hub thread it MAGICALLY disappeared off the drugfreesport website....

????????????????????????

So is the crux of this thread being that the OP was offered the real thing with correct serial numbers and a certificate... and as found out by the hub police that it is probably a frame from ASG..... then the OP came running to the hub accusing PL of being a liar and a scammer..... and in all likelihood as the OP said no thanks, he did not see the frame in question!!

Am I missing something?

Clearly my point was not well articulated, it was more focused on the amount of energy being spent by the local sleuths, trying to identify the frame in question. 

Based only on the information at my disposal the OP stated that he did not approach the seller via the hub, but that the offer of the frame was made directly to him by the seller, while inspecting a bike for his friend.  A point that some of the posts seem to overlook (myself included at the start). 

My suggestion that we get some high energy hubber to draft a template complain form which will include all the relevant information for the hub-mafia/protectors/crowd/enforcers to make an inform judgement. 

Yoh. Just went through 9 pages...Still not sure why I did that.

I think I have been scammed into believing this thread was real...

Anyway, I have a suspicion there may be same fake people on this site too...I cant be sure. I would need to see a certificate...Like birth certificate or something.

It rides exactly the same as the "real" thing. Keep it. Ride it.

Don't ride anything fake. Inferior build with inferior materials. You could experience a catastrophic failure and put yourself at risk. I had fake Ritchie MTB bars that snapped like a twig!

Clearly my point was not well articulated, it was more focused on the amount of energy being spent by the local sleuths, trying to identify the frame in question. 

Based only on the information at my disposal the OP stated that he did not approach the seller via the hub, but that the offer of the frame was made directly to him by the seller, while inspecting a bike for his friend.  A point that some of the posts seem to overlook (myself included at the start). 

My suggestion that we get some high energy hubber to draft a template complain form which will include all the relevant information for the hub-mafia/protectors/crowd/enforcers to make an inform judgement. 

post-40998-0-20121200-1524663345_thumb.jpg

Ive got his phone number. Maybe I should WhatsApp him the link to this thread

Did you send the link????

Faaaark.... remind me to never buy anything from you buddy. You might just decide to tell me your fake <whatever> is the real deal but somehow it would be my stupidity (not you committing fraud) that is at fault

the second part of his username makes sense now... they're utterly incorrect

since the hub loves Friday debates apparently, I'll ask tomorrow if guns kill people or if people kill people with guns!