Asker Jeukendrup's home made go faster drink

Vetseun

Its summer and I have flu, so forgive me that I am too lazy to do a search for that fred about making your own race drinks.

Anybody willing to help a bloody sick agent out?

I have been using it for two years now - I have forgotten what it was like to train or race on anything else - plus its saved me a fortune on energy drinks.

All ingrediants available at Dischem.

I have been using it for two years now - I have forgotten what it was like to train or race on anything else - plus its saved me a fortune on energy drinks.

All ingrediants available at Dischem.

I am also using this but have changed the quantities slightly after much trial and error. I am on 50g Malto, 3.5 t fructose and a pinch of salt. It seems to work best for me. O an I add Sweeto for taste

Edited by Mr SingleTrack

I am also using this but have changed the quantities slightly after much trial and error. I am on 50g Malto, 2.5 t fructose and a pinch of salt. It seems to work best for me. O an I add Sweeto for taste

About 60g Malto for me and 6tsp Fructose and a quarter teaspoon of salt for me but add pure unsweetened lemon juice which gives it a nice not to sweet taste and makes you want to drink it - a good thing especially towards the end of a race.

About 60g Malto for me and 6tsp Fructose and a quarter teaspoon of salt for me but add pure unsweetened lemon juice which gives it a nice not to sweet taste and makes you want to drink it - a good thing especially towards the end of a race.

I'm still on the original formula...just add a wee bit of fruit juice or OROS...just to make it tase like something familiar.

Great stuff IMHO...

cool I'll try the lemon juice. good thing I've got a lemon tree then

I'm still on the original formula...just add a wee bit of fruit juice or OROS...just to make it tase like something familiar.

Great stuff IMHO...

I found that I needed to drink less on the original formula (so each bottle last longer), however it left my mouth with a funny/dry taste.

I have also been using this for almost 2 years now (even though not much racing this year). I use equal amounts of Dextrose/maltodextrin/fructose. That gives you a 2:1 glucose to fructose ration. Its good to have 2 different forms of glucose since dextrose and maltodextrin have different gastric release tempos. I add a few drops of concentrace minerals to the mix. I don't mind the taste at all. My total energy drink consumption is about R200/year since i started this

Have to add here that i currently do keto approach so only riding on water. Have not done any races since being on keto yet.

If you have the carb approach then you don't need anything more than the Jeukendrup brew!

• 3 years later...

Spinnekop, I am trying to open that page you send Vetseun to see the mixture but to no avail. It keeps on opening this thread?

Have the same issue to the link.

Can someone please post the recipe here. I would like to try this out.